Information » Law & Rights » Consumer Rights
- You need to be aware that as a customer or consumer that there are laws to protect you
- They apply when you are shopping in the high street and 'at a distance' i.e. over the phone, by post and via the internet
- They cover both goods and services
- Some examples of consumer rights are:
- You can get your money back or a repair or replacement if a product is faulty or does not do what it is supposed to
- However you are not entitled to anything if you just change your mind, unless you are purchasing 'at a distance'
- You are entitled to a full refund if you order goods 'at a distance' and do not receive them within 30 days or by another agreed date
- You may be eligible for a refund or compensation if you have signed a contract with someone to carry out work for you and the work is not up to standard
- You should seek advice before you start any procedures to make a claim.